For those who don’t get excited about receiving gifts, giving them can be a chore. Worse yet, gift-giving can become a no-win trap, one in which they are certain to disappoint someone who matters a lot to them.
Here are seven ways to have more fun this month if you love giving and receiving gifts but your spouse doesn’t:
- Create a wish list and make it easy for your mate to find.
- Find a designated shopper your spouse can turn to.
- Invite your spouse to gift wrap an invitation to something he or she would like to do with you.
- Cultivate friends who share your love of gifts and find a different tradition to share with your partner.
- Wrap up a few things you would love and let your spouse choose which to give you when.
- Pick something you always love that your husband or wife can give you ever year, like Godiva chocolates or your favorite fragrance.
- Encourage your beloved to create coupons you can exchange for help with your computer, car, housework, or errands.
What’s the most unusual gift you’ve ever received from your mate?