Life falling into a rut? Finding yourself whining that you two don’t do much any more? Some simple tips for more fun:
- Invite or accept with enthusiasm.
- Mentally rehearse what could go right, not wrong.
- Give yourself time to shift gears before you go.
- Be fully present while you’re together.
- Watch for moments you want to remember.
- Savor the best parts of your time together later.
Activities that involve exercise, like dancing, swimming, skiing, skating, or climbing, hold the most promise of a good time. But a shared experience as observers of a great performance, like jazz, tango, film, opera, or a soccer game, can be pretty wonderful, too. Just leave your wet blanket in the laundry room, please.