Date Night in the Afternoon
You and that guy or gal you married need time to laugh and play and have fun, time when you do not talk about work or the kids or whether to replace the clutch or the car.
Often, when play is an option, we drag along children or friends. So go twice if you must, but get out and have some fun with your sweetie. Tickle each other's vagus nerves.
Here is some fun scheduled for next weekend:
- A Taste of the Catskills (this food and harvest festival is in my neighborhood)
- Harvard Square's 35th Annual Oktoberfest and HONK! Parade (over 200,000 people are expected)
- Austin City Limits Festival (music, music, music -- and food and art)
- Foothills Fall Festival (Maryville, TN -- have some fun with Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rascal Flatts, and Twiggy the Water Skiing Squirrel)
- And 14 Renaissance Festivals (for those of you who like costumes, jousting, and human chess games)
I'll bet you know of more. Please share your recommendations in the comments.